Hi - we have recently upgraded to Sage 2017 with Excel 2016 and when running reports in BI we "often" get error 462... it is intermittent in nature as sometimes they work... often we get a run of 3 reports and then we get the error. Once we get the error then nothing works. We log out back in & try again.
Excel is version 2016 (16.0.4549.1000) 64-bit
Sage is 2017 with PU3
Any advice on how to approach this issue?
Having this problem with Sage 300 2018 now, too. I strongly suspect it has something to do with the Report Designer as this problem seems to only be happening on reports using the Designer (even the out of the box reports). Working with Sage Support on it, but they don't seem to know what is going on either. I'm using Excel 2016, too.
Made sure VSTO is installed and other things suggested in several posts in this forum, but no luck yet. Reran the Workstation Setup, still no joy. This is getting really annoying.
Thank for the reply Jim. We are no further ahead, We have more than one server - so I decided to run BI on a server where no other excel.exe's would be active - basically not the Term Server
I launch Excel in "run as administrator" and have an open worksheet. Then I run BI reports & so far I have no errors. I'm wondering if it is "bumping" into several other excel activities and possibly times out with error 462 on our term server. We do not use workstation setup - everything is via the ts
Sage Support suggested it is a resource issue on the server, so I may increase the RAM on the apps server to see if that solves the problem.
Thanks for this. We also had a user suddenly having 'Error 462 The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.' as an intermittent error on our hosted (Citrix) server. We hadn't changed anything, so it is still a mystery as to why it started happening. We use Excel version 15.0.4989. We tried all the troubleshooting recommended in other articles. Finally we did what you suggested, we opened the Citrix published Excel app first and ran the report and it worked every time. It seems to be a random issue with sage or bicore opening excel. We could not reproduce this when logged onto the citrix server as an administrator.