Description: [We can't make this change for the selected cells because it will affect a pivottable. Use the field list to change the report. If you are trying to insert or delete cells,move the Pivottable and try again.]

Source: [Microsoft Excel]

I keep getting this error message when trying to create a Standard report in Sage Intelligence. When I run the raw data from the container, select insert PIVOT, it goes to Sheet 4 (by default my Excel settings have 3 sheets). When I make any changes to this report on Sheet 4 and save I get this message. This never happened to me before, it's strange. I can save on a previous Sheet (like sheet 3 or 2), but then when I run the report tomorrow or next week, the numbers won't be correct as some data is slowly lost. Has anyone had this issue before and successfully resolved it?

Thanks,

Mike

Views: 469

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a kb article on the error:

Error Number:1004

Here is a link to get the FixTemplates utility:

Unable to get the Add property of Workbooks class

Thank you Doug!

If this doesn't work do a search on "Error Number [1004]" here on the Community.

Found a few posts regarding this error.

Actually I used the BI generator add-in and used that to format and create the pivot. It works perfectly now. Thanks again!

I also got Error Number: [1004] SaveAs method of Workbook class failed when trying to save the template back to Report Manager. It turns out that my Report Name had a slash in it. This was automatically putting a slash in the template name, which is an illegal character. It doesn't sound like this was your issue, but do check for any illegal characters in the template name.

RSS

The Sage Intelligence Blog

Like Sage Intelligence?

Follow @SageSupport

© 2018   Created by Sage Alchemex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service