Report Execution Error for invalid SQL query when adding filter with comparison operator "Does Not Begin With"

I am receiving a Report Execution Error when adding a filter with comparison operator "Does Not Begin With". In this case I used ItemCode does not begin with G, however, I have tried on different expressions and have issues each time. I am not very familiar with how SQL works, but the statement seems to be looking for the entire value to not be like G? Below is the SQL Debugger results.

What I'd like to know is:

1. Are there limitations to which expressions the Does Not Begin With operator can be used with?

2. Is there a workaround to filtering out results that begin with a specified character? (before generating the report)

3. Is there documentation that details any limitations that comparison operators have in filtering/parameters?

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find out a resolution?

Thank you Doug. I had two tables with graphical join and when I removed one table, it worked. I found a workaround to get the data from the other table in the report.

Good Job.

Hi Doug:  I'm don't see a solution in this link.  Am I missing something.

Thanks

Well there is actually no solution.

Because of the Providex back end you can't use "Does Not Begin With"

You will have to try another way to get what you want.

What are you wanting to do?

I want to exclude all item codes that start with "M" or in other words include all item codes that do not start with "M".

The "Does Not Begin With" would be perfect for this.

Do the "M" items have a unique Product Line?

Unfortunately not.  I am thinking that I may have to remove once the data is in excel, maybe via formulas.  Thoughts or any other ideas?

Thanks for your help

Are you using a Pivot Table in Excel that uses the Raw Data?

Yes.

You can use the Pivot Table Filter on the Item Col. "Does Not Begin With".

RSS

The Sage Intelligence Blog

Like Sage Intelligence?

Follow @SageSupport

© 2019   Created by Sage Alchemex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service