Sage 100 - Report Designer Add-ins not showing when run as a Published App

Hi

I have set up Sage 100 v2017 to run as a published application from windows server 2016.

Sage 100 client works fine as a published application but when running Sage Intelligence, the report designer add-ins do not populate to the users published excel session. (Note: SI runs normally when logged directly onto the RDS server)

Usually it is just the COM add-ins, but for some users the Excel add-ins do not show up either.

I suspect it is possibly per missions related, but have not come across anything specific yet to where the permission issue is.

Any thoughts?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David, 

This could be an issue related to permissions within the environment/infrastructure that might not be allowing Excel add-ins or specific users cannot run Excel Add-ins or other Excel restrictions. 

Also check if the user does not have Excel installed but is using Excel that everyone else uses on the server - this will cause conflicting registry keys which is were we store and reference the path to our add-ins.  

I hope this helps. Maybe check these scenarios. 

Hi Sandra
Thanks that was pretty much it 

This is a high security environment and the system was not allowing the registry entries to be set for non-admin users. The agreed upon solution was to just export the required entries from the admin profile and have IT add them manually for each new user. 

RSS

The Sage Intelligence Blog

Like Sage Intelligence?

Follow @SageSupport

© 2019   Created by Sage Alchemex.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service